Sunday, July 16, 2006

The Tattoo

To earmark my 25th year on the planet, I am getting my first tattoo. I have saved my first inking experience for this landmark moment in my life. This tattoo will also represent a year of incredible changes. I will be a newly married woman with a home of my own and two wonderful dogs. Let's not forget the new family I am acquiring officially this September, or the job promotion that I have worked so diligently for over the past 5 years. All these things will be commemorated by a beautiful blue and white tattoo of a snowflake at the base of my neck. I have spent a considerable sum of time searching and at the moment when I nearly settled for a butterfly, it came to me. I am a snowflake kinda girl! Who else do you know that will sit on the front porch in November until 2 a.m. waiting for that first snowfall of the season? Who owns more gloves or boots that me? Who loves winter and all its beauty more than me? I have finally found a symbol to represent me and the most special season of my life.

1 comment:

Marie said...

yea! i am still working on bj to let me get my nose pierced!!