Monday, August 06, 2007

Our Friends From Germany

I had the delight of spending time with Karsten and his family yesterday. Even though his mom and daughter speak very little english and I know about 2 german words (I'm pretty sure gesundheit doesn't count!), we had a wonderful time. Laughter is the same in every language! Karsten speaks fluent english and is a fine translater, despite the fact that I am sure he is growing tired of narrating a hundred conversations a day! I was very excited to find out that if I am ever lost in Germany (without anyone to translate) if I say Yahtzee, people will know what I am talking about!!!! Yeah! I also learned how to say thank you, as Kasten's mom knitted me a beautiful scarf and socks. Danke, Oma!
I love generation photos and here is a fine example of three generations.

Here is Oma, knitting my socks! Danke Oma!

2 comments:

Meese Greecem said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meese Greecem said...

They sure were glad to get their luggage back weren't they?