Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Painting the Kitchen

I hate wallpaper!
The wallpaper in my kitchen, that is.
But, I'm pretty sure I hate the 5 layers of wallpaper underneath more.
Anybody in agreement?
I would love to say that my only dilemma in this situation is the powder blue and cream wallpaper...alas it is not! I stood in The HomeDepot for well over an hour collecting paint samples. But the choices are endless...and the chick in that dept. was "oh so helpful". (note sarcasm) I am not a do-it-yourself kinda home owner and so I found myself taking advice from a teenage girl with sparkly eyeshadow and a "hello kitty" bracelet. So now our kitchen walls are adorned with various different color cards, ranging from a flimsy purple (seriously!) to tan and yellow combinations. I'm leaning towards a soft yellow. But I might change my mind while I'm doing the dishes tonight. We'll see.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Ah good luck. Our wallpaper removal/painting project is still going on and it has been a month.