Monday, December 17, 2007

Listen to me rant...

I am excited. Christmas butterflies and all. I worked very hard on some of my presents this year and I can't wait to give them. I am still waiting on several things to arrive on my doorstep from eBay. Surprisingly, almost every gift I am giving this year has some tie to eBay or the internet. I forget when I changed over from a regular store shopper to a confirmed online bargain hunter. At any rate, it surely beats dragging my poor body through any more stores. I used to love seeing all the holiday shoppers bustling around with holiday decorations in every window. Anymore it is just a contest to see who grab the most "stuff". And people fight over stuff. Right out in the aisle with everyone watching. Kids fighting in a playground have a better grasp on reality than these people. I saw two women screaming at each other over the last remaining child's table and chair set. Apparently having Dora the Explorer emblazed on the table top was a necessity for both of these women, and let me just say- neither of them were backing down.

You can't even walk through the mall without being bombarded with a dozen foreign, sales people offering to exfoliate your hands in the middle of mall or accessorize your cell phone. I despise that. If I need accessories, I'll call on you- not vice versa! So, I'm standing in returns at Sears and some lady cruises up with her flat shopping cart loaded down with what I can only guess was a snow blower and blasts it into one of my tendons. I will say, had I not cried out in pain/surprise, I don't think she would have even noticed. I then stated the obvious, "you hit me!" to which she replied, "oh, it's so crowded in here." Is that a backhanded apologie? or none at all? You be the judge! So, I like the internet cause it's easy on the tendons.

I love to wrap Christmas presents. I could do it for hours. I like making those neat creases and folds with Scotch tape. Actually, I will share a little secret here. I love the smell of scotch tape. Always have. It reminds me of our school library, where I spent the majority of my last two years in school. Smelled just like scotch tape.

So, I don't have any pictures to post. I have been too snug in the house since my steps have disappeared beneath a shelf of snow. I can't find my winter boots and my latest sneakers actually don't have a back in them. They're slip-ons. I don't wear coats or hats but boots I cannot forego. I hope the mailwoman is wearing snow shoes, because that is the only way she's getting to my mailbox!

No comments: