Saturday, December 22, 2007

Songs of the Season


I love Christmas music. I have nearly 100 different songs from iTunes to prove it. But which ones are my favorites???? Hmmm....If you go by play count on iTunes, the results of the poll suggest I love Frank Sinatra singing "The Christmas Waltz". If you ask Justin, he would tell you my favorite Christmas songs are sung by the great Burl Ives. Who doesn't love "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer" or "Silver and Gold"? Although, " A Holly Jolly Christmas" is quite nice. But the truth is that my all-time favorite, can'tgetthroughtheseasonwithouthearingitsong is "Winter Wonderland". Yup. Without a doubt. Tonight, I was feeling a little blue and the most magical thing happened!!!!!!!!!! A large group of carolers passed through my neighborhood!!! They paraded up and then down our block singing merrily of j-i-n-g-l-e bells, and frosted window panes despite the fact that it is warm enough to stand outside and grill. I stood on the front porch watching as many of my neighbors came out to enjoy the sounds of the season. Now I think presents and twinkling lights are wonderful, but tonight I got that old Christmas feeling. The one that makes your stomach uneasy with excitement and your mind wiz with anticipation. What a delightful Christmas present from these singing strangers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful experience. Ask Justin if he remembers riding on a haywagon through his grandparents neighborhood one holiday season.....a very long time ago.