Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Top Ten Songs...Ever!











A short list of 10 songs I could never get tired of...


10.) "Nothin' But A Good Time"- Poison
9.) "Linger"- The Cranberries
8.) "Girls Just Want to Have Fun"- Cyndi Lauper
7.) "Reelin' In the Years"- Steely Dan
6.) "Tiny Dancer"- Elton John (sorry Ms. Marie, but it's true!)
5.) "I Can Still Make Cheyenne" - George Strait (oh George, we ARE old friends, aren't we?)
4.) "Mr. Brownstone"- Guns-n-Roses
3.) "Tuesday's Gone"- Lynyrd Skynyrd
2.) "Fishin' In the Dark"- Nitty Gritty Dirt Bank
1.) "Going To Carolina"- James Taylor


This is a list of ten, so I could not include every song by George Strait or James Taylor. But, to be sure they are my fav. I nearly lost my mind when I finally got to see the "Great Strait" in concert February 16th, 2007. Each song has a special place in my heart and seems to transport me to a different place in time. I would like to thank my mother for raising her children to have a fine appreciation for ALL types of music. Some of my greatest memories are sitting cross-legged on the living room floor with her, listening to her record collection. Two Decades and thousands of songs later, three twenty-something kids are driving down the highway singing those same songs together in unison- at the top of their lungs in between giggles!


Thanks Ma.

No comments: